Are you next Fund Administration Expert?
Hello from Vestberry! 👋🏼
Over the last fours years we’ve built (what we believe is) the most comprehensive Venture capital and Private equity portfolio monitoring tool out there. 🚀 You don’t have to take our word for it – customers like Atomico seem to agree while many more are coming on board (with zero churn so far).
To keep strengthening our market position, we are looking for an expert in fund management, administration, and accounting. 💡 We’ve designed a tool that can capture transaction and portfolio data well, and want to keep expanding our offering with reporting/analytics and further using it in interesting ways. Do you want to guarantee the quality and accuracy of our software while building a new standard for portfolio monitoring with us?
About the role
- You will become one of our VC/PE industry experts, helping us understand the intricacies of the industry and further develop our software, and our internal team so that we can continue being the thought leaders and improve the internal processes of our clients.
- You will help our clients and our product team to understand the industry topics from calculation methodologies to fund mechanics.
- You will work on designing, documenting, and explaining ways of capturing client reality within our tool.
- You will contribute to or lead our employee and customer education (from training curriculum to documentation).
- You will cooperate with the marketing team on strategic industry-specific topics and content.
Examples of problems we’d expect you to tackle could include
- Fitting “exotic” transactions into our existing investment ledger logic.
- Verifying the accuracy and regulatory compliance of client transactional data.
- Designing TVPI/DPI calculation when the fund is doing recallable distributions.
- Helping the marketing team to create a successful marketing strategy that resonates with VC/PE investors.
Who are we looking for?
You might have noticed that the salary range for this position is wide. That’s because we want to give space to relatively junior specialists if they already have a wide breadth of industry knowledge but are also ready to work with seasoned veterans of the industry. While not essential for the role, any technical/product background and/or ability to write content are strong value-adds we are prepared to reward accordingly.
Whether you are coming from a fund administrator, internal finance team, or elsewhere, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of fund mechanics like drawdowns, distributions, fund expenses, management fees, carried interest, and their impact on fund metrics.
- Expert grasp of fund metrics like TVPI, DPI, RVPI, MoIC, IRR (Gross/Net), and their calculation methodologies.
- Familiarity with Invest Europe regulation, ILPA, IPEV valuation guidelines, EIF requirements, and others.
- We’d expect you’ll also have some finance certifications like ACCA/CFA, but we care about your knowledge instead of a certificate.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by your comprehensive understanding of LP reporting, ability to visualize data (whether with good’ol PowerPoint or in tools like Tableau, PowerBI, …), and expert grasp of Excel (you INDEX(MATCH()) instead of VLOOKUP()).
- Confident communication demonstrated by the ability to break down complex problems into pieces in an orderly way, understand their intricacies, and describe a solution that a client will understand. In English of course.
We believe Vestberry is an opportunity to work on a successful local project in the fintech sector with clients worldwide. It’s still “just work,” and we try not to take ourselves too seriously, but we place importance on creating an environment where we can enjoy ourselves most of the time. For the last four years, we’ve been building a fintech analytical tool that’s helping Private Equity & Venture Capital companies manage $6+ billion 💸 invested in 1 000+ companies who are trying to solve the world’s most pressing challenges, from climate change to mental health. 🌍 We are on track to become the industry’s standard for portfolio management 🚀 thanks to customers like Atomico – the 2nd largest venture capital firm in Europe, which invested in companies like Wolt, Skype, and Stripe.
To reach our ambitious but attainable goals 🌟 we have tripled the size of our team in the last 18 months, and we continue to grow. Our efforts are backed by angel investors from Slovakia, Scandinavia, and Malaysia. Among them, you can find Martin Hauge, one of the first investors in Spotify, or Pekka Mäki, managing partner in 3TS Capital Partners.
Benefits & Perks
Most of our colleagues do have a dog or other animal pet. We even have a #cutenessoveload channel on Slack where you share your cute pet moments. Anyhow, your furry friend is welcome to join you at the office.
Need a coffee break? Campus Cowork has an on-site coffee shop with great coffee and various snacks. Order a cup of coffee and go to the 7th floor rooftop terrace to enjoy it.
Great office location
We got a private office within Campus Cowork in Bratislava's City Center overlooking the presidential palace (sometimes you can give Ms President a gentle wave). There is a rooftop terrace on the 7th floor as well.
Plants all around
Forget about the concrete jungle and unwelcoming office buildings. In the Vestberry office, there are more plants than people. Welcome to our jungle.
Flexible office setup
We do not tend to limit you on where you work from. We are always excited to catch up in person from time to time in the office, but you know where your feel most productive. The setup might vary based on the position & team setup.
Exciting future colleagues
Quick hiring workflow
7-14 business days from CV review to offer
1-on-1 with our CPO
Assignment with mutually agreed delivery date (1-7 days)
Logical & Personality test
Feedback and Final interview